Apply to be a personal assistant
We’re hiring a personal assistant/reception champion at Life In Alignment. This individual is happy, healthy, and will help us achieve many things for our patients.
Being a public facing “host” while also being able to pay attention to detail is the most demanding aspect of this work, and requires the ability to multi-task and engage in active listening.
If you’re wondering who you’ll be working for, you can read more about me here.
The assistant’s tasks (you will be trained on everything that doesn’t come naturally):
- smiles with a genuine interest in the people that we serve
- is awesome at projecting their helpfulness over the telephone
- has a serious interest in personal development and understanding how to run a small health care related business where we help people who are both healthy, motivated, and even demanding, to people who are struggling with pain and other illness and need lots of TLC
- helps in scheduling new patients and answers their questions with patience and compassion
- reschedules current patients in a way that meets the patient’s needs while encouraging healthy patient flow through the office
- comfortably discusses sensitive topics which may include financial discussions and payment plans
- completes the billing on the patient’s behalf in a timely manner, and follows up on billing questions with insurance companies
- organizes, pulls, and refiles patient information
- aids in accurate data entry (spelling is hugely important for health care data)
- assists in sending patient communications, like welcome cards, thank you cards, and special correspondence
- assists in provider communications, like faxing records, sending thank you cards, and the like
- can expect training in creating in-house marketing materials for communication with patients, potential patients, and other providers
- will join the doctor in networking events and other outside events on a limited basis
- fills down-time with office reorganization, including filing and archiving of old correspondence, patient files, invoices, receipts, and the like
- will work anywhere from 16 to 32 hours per week (negotiable)
- will be compensated fairly ($12 – $15/hour) with an opportunity for a bonus (negotiable on experience) – and quite honestly if you love this kind of work and can help us to continue to grow there could be a conversation about what further compensation can be if you know your stuff
- High school diploma, with associates degree preferred
- Familiarity with Windows, word processing, Excel, web-based scheduling, and obvious efficiency with computer work
- Ability to give attention to detail while also being friendly and sociable
Training will be provided for the above tasks
If you’re interested in scheduling an interview, please do the following:
- Fill out the brief form below
- Follow the instructions in the email you’ll receive after submitting the form.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. There are further instructions I ask you to complete before we speak further.
You will receive an immediate response to your form submission stating your interest in applying was received. Please allow a few days response time.
Dr. Zachary Ward