Is upper cervical chiropractic care safe? Effective? And are patients happy with it?
We can can tell you based on personal experience that…
- The procedures are extremely safe
- They are extremely effective, especially for very common problems, like headache syndromes, chronic neck pain, and spinal pain, including pain with radiation into the arms or legs
- Right around 80 to 90% of people report being happy with their care in my practice
But why just take our word for it, when you can learn from a study that looked at 83 different offices?
In a study published in a peer reviewed journal called BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, a survey was taken of over 1,000 patients from 83 different chiropractic offices using the upper cervical chiropractic procedures. This is what they found:
- Over 2,600 neck corrections were given in 17 days of of the study, so about 2.4 per patient!
- Of those, only 5% of patients showed a significant symptomatic reaction–as in their pain got temporarily worse. That’s a very low number.
- Only 31% showed a mild reaction, which lasted less than 24 hours, and was mostly a slight worsening of their pain. That is still a low number.
- After 17 days, patient satisfaction was rated at an amazing 9.1 out of 10! This is a very high rate of patient satisfaction. Over 90%
There was significant improvement in neck pain, headaches, mid-back pain, as well as lower back pain through the neck correction procedures alone!