Open enrollment for health insurance coverage opened just this week here in Southeast Michigan (and all across the country). And you (or someone you know) may be facing some hard decisions regarding health insurance…
What do you need to know about this health insurance open enrollment period?
We’re doing something different than we normally do here at the Life In Alignment Website. I interviewed a licensed health insurance consultant with 15 years of experience (he’s seen it all) to talk about the major issues affecting your enrollment…
And he agreed to share with us everything we need to know now…
- The limited time you have to enroll, including all dates
- The why behind the limited number of independent insurance agents
- The expanding number of IRS agents and a reason why the IRS is expanding
- One thing you need to know about going through the exchange that no one is telling you
- The specific reasons why you may be able to enroll outside the normal enrollment dates (special enrollment periods)
- The changes to individual health plans and how that affects group health plans by small businesses
- The pros and cons of small businesses offering a group health care plan
- Where health care costs are rising, the percentage breakdown
And it ends with a tip you can share with your friends and family to possibly save them hundreds of dollars – maybe thousands – per year on their prescription drugs, just by asking their pharmacist one important question.
And this is true whether it is a group plan from your company, or an individual health plan.
(Hey, maybe that’s money they will save and spend on some quality chiropractic care! Anyway…)
Listen to my interview with Cedric McSween, health insurance consultant:
If you found this post helpful, please share it via social media.